Enabling Low Power Computer Vision Applications with MistySOM
Harnessing the power of the Renesas RZ/G2L and RZ/V2L processors, MistySOM enables efficient and flexible development of low power consumption applications ranging from human machine interface (HMI) solutions to battery powered computer vision.
MistySOM comes in two versions that are both ruggedized for industrial temperatures, and offer super long term firmware support via a CIP kernel based Linux BSP. They include a dual core Cortex-A55, single core Cortex-M33 CPU, 32 GB eMMC, and 2 GB DDR4.
A lower cost general purpose SOM built around the RZ/G2L MPU, ideal for use in industrial and commercial computing applications.
A power-efficient computer vision SOM with AI acceleration built around the RZ/V2L MPU, well suited for low power object detection and classification.
Target Applications for MistySOM
- Barcode Scanner System / Self-Checkout
- Industrial Human-Machine-Interface (HMI)
- Portable Equipment
- Network Gateway or Hub
- Precision Time Synchronization
- General Single Board Computer
- Wearable Camera
- Sports Cameras and Movement Tracking
- Retail and Logistics Automation
- Building Management / People Counting
- Smart Transportation / Traffic Monitoring
- Animal Tracking
- Smart Agriculture
- Food Waste Detection
- Construction Monitoring